- This article is about the novel. For the soundtrack of the same name see Dark Sacred Night (soundtrack). For the episode of Bosch see Dark Sacred Night (episode).
Dark Sacred Night is the thirty-second novel written by Michael Connelly, the twenty-first to feature LAPD detective Harry Bosch, and the second to feature LAPD detective Reneé Ballard. The book was published in October of 2018.
- Detective Harry Bosch - San Fernando Police Department
- Detective Bella Lourdes - San Fernando Police Department
- Detective Oscar Luzon - San Fernando Police Department
- Detective Danny Sisto - San Fernando Police Department
- Capt. Trevino - San Fernanco Police Department
- Detective Reneé Ballard - Hollywood Division, Homicide Unit
- Detective Jerry Edgar - Hollywood Division, Homicide Unit
- Detective Lucia Soto - Robbery Homicide Division
- Sergeant Stan Dvorek - Hollywood Division, Patrol
- Madeline Bosch - Harry Bosch's daughter
- Dennis Wojciechowski - Investigator for Mickey Haller
- Beatrice Beaupre - Adult film director
Renée Ballard is working the night beat again, and returns to Hollywood Station in the early hours only to find a stranger rifling through old file cabinets. The intruder is retired detective Harry Bosch, working a cold case that has gotten under his skin. Ballard kicks him out, but then checks into the case herself and it brings a deep tug of empathy and anger. Bosch is investigating the death of fifteen-year-old Daisy Clayton, a runaway on the streets of Hollywood who was brutally murdered and her body left in a dumpster like so much trash. Now, Ballard joins forces with Bosch to find out what happened to Daisy and finally bring her killer to justice.