Though Bosch has appeared in other novels written by Connelly (and others), particularly those included in the Mickey Haller series, the official Bosch series currently includes twenty three books.
The Harry Bosch series[edit | edit source]
- The Black Echo (1992)
- The Black Ice (1993)
- The Concrete Blonde (1994)
- The Last Coyote (1995)
- Trunk Music (1997)
- Angels Flight (1999)
- A Darkness More Than Night (2001)
- City of Bones (2002)
- Lost Light (2003)
- The Narrows (2004)
- The Closers (2005)
- Echo Park (2006)
- The Overlook (2007)
- 9 Dragons (2009)
- The Drop (2011)
- The Black Box (2012)
- The Burning Room (2014)
- The Crossing (2015)
- The Wrong Side of Goodbye (2016)
- Two Kinds of Truth (2017)
- Dark Sacred Night (2018)
- The Night Fire (2019)
- The Law of Innocence (2020)
The Bosch Universe[edit | edit source]
Other novels written by Connelly belong to the same fictional universe of the Bosch series by virtue of character crossovers:
- Blood Work is connected through Terry McCaleb's appearances in A Darkness More Than Night and The Narrows.
- Void Moon is connected through Cassidy Black's appearances in The Narrows and The Closers.
- The Poet and The Scarecrow are connected through Jack McEvoy's appearance in A Darkness More Than Night, and Rachel Walling's appearances in The Narrows, Echo Park, The Overlook, The Reversal, The Black Box, and The Burning Room.
- The Mickey Haller series itself is also connected because Bosch, Haller's half-brother, appeared first in The Brass Verdict and then in The Reversal, The Fifth Witness, and The Gods of Guilt. J. Michael Haller (Mickey and Harry's father) was mentioned in The Black Ice (as was Mickey, though his first name was not given then).
Expanded Universe[edit | edit source]
Novels written by other authors also belong to a shared fictional universe along with the Bosch series by virtue of appearances in crossover works:
- Robert Crais's novels The Monkey's Raincoat, Stalking the Angel, Lullaby Town, Free Fall, Voodoo River, Sunset Express, Indigo Slam, L.A. Requiem, The Last Detective, The Forgotten Man, The Watchman, Chasing Darkness, The First Rule, The Sentry, Taken, and The Promise are connected through private investigator Elvis Cole's appearance in Lost Light (and the reciprocal appearance of Harry in Crais's novel The Last Detective).
- Dennis Lehane's novels A Drink Before the War, Darkness, Take My Hand, Sacred, Gone, Baby, Gone, Prayers for Rains, and Moonlight Mile are connected through private investigator Patrick Kenzie's appearance in "Red Eye."