Michael Connelly's plots tend to share common elements:
- A driven, obsessive hero
- A detailed, layered plot that is slowly revealed
- A false ending that seemingly reveals the enemy
- A final ending that reveals the true enemy who masterminded the entire crime
INSERT TABLE OF ENEMIES HERE
Connelly's heroes also tend to rely on similar investigative tools:
- Hypnosis - Connelly's heroes are often trained in the use of hypnosis, or are familiar with its use as an investigative technique.
- Traps - Rather than prove who committed a crime, Connelly's heroes will often set a trap and see who shows up
Connelly's heroes also tend to share certain characteristics
- Integrity - Even if they bend the rules or break the law, they have integrity in their relationships with close friends
- Healthy Disrespect for Authority - Connelly's heroes often struggle with institutional authority
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.