The Black Box is the 25th novel written by Michael Connelly, and the sixteenth to feature LAPD detective Harry Bosch. The book was released in hardcover, eBook, and audiobook in the United States and Canada on 26 November 2012, "in part to honor the 20th anniversary of the character," and won the 2012 RBA International Prize for Crime Writing.
Summary[edit | edit source]
"In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved.
"Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the 'black box,' the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- "Connelly gets 'The Drop' on readers in new novel," Christian DuChateau, CNN, 25 Nov 2011
- "Michael Connelly not ready to 'Drop' beloved Detective Harry Bosch," Brian Barber, Tulsa World, 4 Dec 2011
- "Coming Next? THE BLACK BOX," MichaelConnelly.com, 31 Jan 2012
- "Michael Connelly wins the RBA Award for his novel ‘The Black Box’, David Tuxworth, Catalan News Agency, 9 June 2012
- "A killer conversation with the two Mikes of mystery," Christian DuChateau, CNN, 8 Sept 2012
- Hachette Book Group: Suspense & Thrillers
- The Black Box product page @ Amazon.com